Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Homage to Rosetta's

It took me two years to get back to Asheville after moving back to Connecticut, so chances are it will be a while before I make that 750-mile drive again.  However, I don't want to have to wait that long to enjoy the rich, spicy, wholesome flavors of my favorite dish at my favorite restaurant there-- the Mountain at Rosetta's Kitchen.  I knew I could replicate the sauteed kale (although never to match the original) and brown rice, but I was at a loss as to the Korean BBQ tempeh.  Thankfully with a little help from Google I stumbled on this:

Show me your veggies !!!: Korean BBQ braised Tempeh.

With a little tweaking (mainly just adding a heaping tablespoon of tahini instead of using the sesame seeds) I was able to sit down to this feast tonight:

Korean BBQ Tempeh with sauteed kale, mixed grains and kimchi

Not quite the same as Rosetta's, but surprisingly close, and just as filling (and addictive...I'm already looking forward to the leftovers!)!



No comments:

Post a Comment